1. Ensure you are running Oracle APEX version 4.0 or higher
2. Unzip and extract all files
2. Access your target Workspace
3. Select the Application Builder
4. Select the Application where you wish to import the plug-in
(plug-ins belong to an application, not a workspace)
5. Access Shared Components > Plug-Ins
6. Click [Import >]
7. Browse and locate the installer file, item_type_plugin_apex_vcplugin_combobox.sql
8. Complete the wizard
If the plug-in already exists in that application, you will need to confirm that you
want to replace it. Also, once imported, this plug-in can be installed into additional
applications within the same workspace. Simply navigate to the Export Repository
(Export > Export Repository), click Install, and then select the target application.
Once the install file is no longer needed, it can be removed from the Export Repository.
1. Follow the steps in INSTALLATION AND UPDATE
2. Copy the files of the directory "server" to the /images/plugins/combobox_item
or any other directory on the web server
3. Set the "File Prefix" attribute of the plug-in to /i/plugins/combobox_item/
This will provide better performance, because the static files will be served by the web server
instead of reading them each time from the database.
HOW TO USE
1. Install the plug-in (see INSTALLATION AND UPDATE)
2. Create a new page item
3. Pick "Plug-Ins" as type
4. Select the plug-in "Combobox"
5. Follow the wizard and use Item Level Help to get more information about the
purpose and usage of the different settings.
Note that you can also update existing items to use this new item-type, once installed.